Monday, February 6, 2023

New Paperbacks!

Well, one new paperback, and one slightly revised one.

Apprentice, the first book of the Shadowmage Saga, will be out in paperback very soon, within a couple of days. This doesn't count as a new book, of course, since I released it as an e-book on New Year's Eve. Also, I did a bit of revision (very little, mostly formatting) to Arrival, the first book of the Chronicles of Meterra.

Why did I do this? Because I'm going to be selling these at the local bookstore shortly, that's why. I'll need a bunch of author copies, but the local bookstore, Coles, has provided me with a consignment contract, and they like the idea of fantasy books by local authors. Mysteries as well, although sci-fi isn't that popular here, apparently.

I'm looking forward to this; the store does book signings for authors, so I'll be able to market the book myself to potential readers who haven't seen my blog or heard of me in any way whatsoever. I've been living here for two and a half years now; it's time people noticed me.

Once I get settled in with the Summerside store and get some sales, I'll be heading to Charlottetown, where there's a much bigger store, Indigo. This isn't a really big island, but once people start reading my stuff, if they like it, they'll spread the word...and they'll buy more books.

Yes, it's all about the money. No, it's about the stories; I love telling them. I love coming up with these new ideas, and I love putting them down on paper. Or pixels; either way.

So, here's hoping it goes well. I think it will, but then I'm an optimist at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment