Friday, February 3, 2023

Another Book Completed!

Or at least, it's in the hands of my first-reader. Or in her tablet, as the case may be. But this is the second book of Kane, completing the story that I wrote years ago and finally brought back to a publishable form. I'm proud of this one; it's got some of my best stuff, I think. Don't get me wrong; I love all of my books, of course. But this one gives me a special feeling. Kane has been a favorite character of mine for about thirty years; getting his story done means a lot.

So, what can be expected in this book? Well, more of what was in the first book, of course. Action, drama, and some humor here and there. The stakes are a bit higher in this one, though; Kane's dealt with the personal quests he had; now it's time for the world-affecting ones. Or at least, Empire-affecting ones. I don't want to spoil it, obviously, since I'm hoping people will read the first book as well. It only makes sense; I don't do a recap of the first book in this one, although maybe I should. But since they're being published so close together, I don't see the point in doing it. Someone who buys them both isn't going to need a recap to get into the second book.

Now, it's time to find a suitable cover. Once I can think of what that cover should look like. I'm not just going to repeat the first one, obviously. So, it's time for some hunting and foraging in the internet jungle. Wish me luck.

While you're waiting, you can always read the first book, Crimson Moon, available now at an Amazon website near you.



No comments:

Post a Comment