Friday, July 3, 2020

Upcoming Goals

I know, I know...I keep writing and publishing more and more books. But I have been writing these for a while, so it's not like I'm just going at it for a couple of weeks to write a whole book. In fact, this is one I've been looking forward to getting published for almost a year now. I started writing seriously in late July of last year. The first story I wrote at that time was the first Bard Conley story, which is available in the anthology A Universe of Possibilities. That story will be the lead story of the new science-fiction anthology I'm preparing, which is still tentatively titled Bard Conley's Solar Adventures. Ten short stories, all loosely linked together in an overarching plot, taking place all over the solar system. It's pulp action, it's adventure, and it's fun. My goal is to have it done by mid-month so I can publish it and still leave myself some time to get another book ready before the end of July. Crazy, I know. But I'm not going to stop any time soon.

So, here's a tentative list of what I'm hoping to have done by the end of the year. This is very much subject to change, depending on how easy it is for me to find cover art (or afford to pay someone for it).

July: Bard Conley's Solar Adventures, sci-fi pulp action
    In the Beginning, a retelling of the first eleven chapters of the Book of Genesis.

August: Framed Shot, another Cameron Vail Mystery
    The Saga of Kane, the first book of a fantasy series set in a fantasy version of Japan.

September: The Gilded Age: The Gathering, more stories of pre-World War I superheroes.
    Apprentice, the first book in the Shadowmage fantasy series

October: Death Scene, the sixth Cameron Vail mystery
    The Dark Swamp, the third book set in the fantasy world of Meterra.

November: The second Kane book, still untitled.
    Another short story anthology, still untitled.

December: A seventh Cameron Vail mystery, still untitled.
    Tremors, the third book of the Gilded Age.

Well, that's a pretty ambitious plan, I must say. And it's entirely possible I won't be able to make it. I do have some of these books already written, so that will make things a heck of a lot easier. And, as I mentioned, plans are subject to change if I get inspired to write something different. But if it works, it will be awesome.

My plan for the year back in January looked a lot different, but circumstances being what they were, I think things have worked out pretty well so far. So, let's see what the second half of 2020 looks like, shall we?

My most recent book, of course, is The Gilded Age: The Awakening, available now at an Amazon website near you. Check it out, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment