Saturday, June 6, 2020

Random Saturday Thoughts

Another fun-filled, exciting day. Actually, it's feeling more and more like summer, which is a good thing. I'm not a big fan of winter; too much cold and snow. This, from a guy who grew up in the Maritimes and northern Quebec.

I'm getting more page views thanks to my Let's Read series on the Traveller game. For those who have stopped by because of that, welcome, and thanks. Stick around, if you like; there's plenty of other fun stuff going on.

The grocery store now demands that customers use the provided hand sanitizer at the door before going in. I'm debating on whether to say I'm allergic to the stuff, or that I just refuse to live in fear. It's very annoying.

The nice thing about having an outdoor deck with a privacy screen is that the screen doubles as a movie screen. We just watched Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. The one annoying thing about summer is that it's not dark enough to actually watch an outdoor movie until after nine o'clock. Winter months would be better, since you could watch Lord of the Rings, the Extended edition, in a single night. But it's cold. God has a weird sense of humor.

I'm almost done the next book; it's a new Cameron Vail mystery, so I'll be able to get the cover done myself. I hope it will be available on Amazon next weekend. Then, it's off to sci-fi land for the next book. I really, really want to get that second one done this month. Then I'd feel like I was back on track for my annual goal.

Of course, I could consider that even if I don't actually reach my goal of twenty, I'll still have accomplished a lot getting fifteen or so books done. But, I don't want to think that way; I'm going to keep fighting to reach my goal by the end of the year until I get there, or I run out of time. Either way, I'm going to keep on pushing. Writing is too much fun, after all.

Not much else to talk about tonight; I'd rather get to work on the book, anyway. So, while you're waiting for that one to be available, check out Final Exam, the first Cameron Vail mystery, available now on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment