Friday, June 12, 2020

New Book Coming Soon...

The next Cameron Vail mystery is written, although it's not quite ready for publication yet. My reader is taking a second look at it to make sure it works as a story. If all goes well, I'll have it published by the middle of next week. The title is still up in the air; I have a working title, Cold Star, but I'm not in love with it. I figure I'll unleash my subconscious mind on it tonight and get a good title out of it.

The story goes back to Cameron and Bill's college days, about a year after the events of Final Exam. This time, they are investigating an old case, an accidental death of a Hollywood starlet. Something in the case doesn't quite add up, though, and before long they are looking for a murderer.

Even though it's the fourth Cameron Vail mystery that I have written, it will be the second one, chronologically, taking place before The Missing Magnate. I don't know if I'll go back to the college setting again, but we shall see; I didn't expect to go back there for this book, either.

After that, it's science-fiction time, my first sci-fi book. Tentatively titled The Interplanetary Adventures of Bard Conley, that pretty much sums up what the book is about. It's a ten-story anthology, and it will take readers on a tour of our solar system far into the future, about a thousand or so years from now, through the eyes of an adventurous ex-Space Marine and his intrepid crew aboard the Scheherazade. No, it's not a travelogue; it's pulp-style science fiction action and adventure, with lots of stuff blowing up and many futuristic guns to be fired. I hope you'll like it. You can get a taste of what it's going to be like in the opening story from A Universe of Possibilities, which is also the first story in the Bard Conley anthology.

Check out all my books, and support indie publishing! The traditional publishers are losing their positions thanks to the rise of indie publishing, and we're just getting stronger. Find stuff you like instead of what the traditional publishers like; read what you want, not what they offer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment