Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Noble Titles

It's looking pretty good; tonight, I'll be putting the book up on Amazon. There's only one thing I still need to do, though: The book needs a good title.

I mean, when you think about it, the title is really the most important thing about the book. Why? Because it's the first thing, other than the cover art, that people will see. So, it has to be a title that will get their attention when they see it.

Some titles are short and to the point: Final Exam, In the Beginning, The Awakening. Some are longer, more drawn out: Bard Conley's Adventures Across the Solar System, A Universe of Possibilities. But either way, the title needs to give someone a reason to want to read an author they've never seen before.

So, what will I call this one? My original idea, back in the day, was simply 'The Chronicles of Kane'. But I've already got the Chronicles of Meterra and the Saga of the Shadowmage. I don't want to get in a rut. Since this is a two-book set (the whole thing would have been massive at well over five hundred pages), I'm thinking I'd like a two-punch pair of titles that go well together.

And, I think I've got it. The first book will be Crimson Moon. The second is Crystal Lilac. Yeah, I like that. That will work.

So, back to it. Time to get Crimson Moon published. I'm getting tingly feelings just thinking about it. And I want the paperback for it done as well; no sense in sticking solely to e-books. Paperbacks are more real, anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment