Friday, January 27, 2023

Hardcovers Too?

As I was getting the final work done on getting Crimson Moon up on Amazon, I noticed that Amazon is beta-testing a hardcover option. I haven't thought of doing my books in hardcover as of yet, partly because the option wasn't there yet, and partly because I'm not exactly making the best-seller lists at this point.

Still, now that I know it's an option, I'm going to look into it a bit more closely. I mean, it's great to have my books in paperback, but hardcover? Long-lasting, looks great on a bookshelf...yeah, I could go for that.

Still, before I worry about hardcovers, I'm going to start getting more of my other books into paperback format. I'm going to get Apprentice into that format as well this weekend, and I'm going to see about getting at least one Cameron Vail book into paperback as well.

The issue for me is still cover art; I got lucky with Crimson Moon, but I can't count on finding that kind of artwork for free on the internet on a regular basis. I need to figure out a way to commission the art I need. I would like to use Fiverr again, but you have to be careful with that; I tried to go cheap on one cover, and was that ever a mistake. I'm glad I got greyghost to do the art for three of my books; he did a great job.

And, of course, I have ten more books to get finished this year. So, I'd better get back to work. While you wait for something else, check out my latest release, Crimson Moon, the First Book of Kane, available now in ebook and paperback format.




No comments:

Post a Comment