Tuesday, December 1, 2020

It's December Already?!

I'm having a hard time fathoming that it's December 1st. On Prince Edward Island. And the temperature was in double digits today; I was practically sweating in the car on my way to work this morning.

I know, I know..."global warming." I don't care. I just know that while everyone keeps saying 'winter's coming,' it's sure taking its sweet time getting here. If I wanted that kind of a tease, I would have stayed in Ontario. I mean, sure, I wasn't all that excited about getting huge mounds of snow twice a day, but come on! This is a letdown!

Anyway, it's an important month, obviously; Christmas is just over three weeks away. We don't have our tree up yet, although the house is looking quite decorated. Honey Bunny and our teenager worked on it quite a bit yesterday. But without a tree, it's obviously not quite Christmas time.

It's funny; we've always made a habit of putting the tree up either right after the US Thanksgiving, or the 1st of December. Well, we're not near the US border anymore, so their Thanksgiving seems much more remote, and we were too busy today to get the tree up today. Maybe on the weekend.

In the meantime, though, we're still playing the waiting game as we wonder when the legendary PEI winter is going to land on us. I'm okay with it waiting a while longer, though. If I wanted to, I could just go dig more gardens in the back yard; the ground isn't frozen yet. If it's not snowing by the weekend, I might dig up another one just to save me time in the spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment