Thursday, April 16, 2020

A Universe of Possibilities

And there was much rejoicing!

My newest publication, A Universe of Possibilities, just went live on Amazon on all platforms. This is different from the first three books I published; this is a cross-genre anthology. There are ten short stories, some longer and some quite short. Only $2.99 US, so click on the link and offer up your hard-earned shekels!

A Universe of Possibilities: A Sampler Anthology by [Glen Sprigg]

I'm very excited about this; it's a different format for me. I'm used to writing longer works, and for me, eight thousand words is a short story. So, writing these stories of much shorter length was a challenge, but one I had fun with.

Here's the table of contents:

Bard Conley and the Star of Cassiopeia, science fiction-adventure
Adventure of a Lifetime: Flash fiction, humour
The Raven: Pulp crime-fighter
Diamonds are Forever: baseball (not spy)
Bughunt: science-fiction space opera
Grand Central Station: flash fiction
The Price of Friendship: fantasy
Edge of the World: superhero
Worth the Wait: I can't really describe this one; it's told entirely in dialogue.
The Devil's Playground: fantasy, ties into the Chronicles of Meterra books.

Some of these stories are intended to be introductions to other series that I will be writing; Bard Conley, Bughunt, and the Raven, in particular (Edge of the World, to a lesser extent). The others were just fun one-offs, although some of them could conceivably be expanded if I was in a particularly strange mood.

There you have it: ten stories to dig into and enjoy. I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment