Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Getting Back on Track

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I didn't do much writing after I left my job and became a full-time farmer. It sucks, and it's the second time a major change in circumstance has messed with my writing; the first was when we moved out here. I finally got back into the swing of things at the end of 2022, but the farm took over completely by May of 2023.

Well, it's time to rectify that, and I've already started working on something new. It's a story I've had in my head for a lot of years. It's a 'shared universe' story, set in the same world as the stories of Kane. It's set in a different part of the world, and Kane won't be making an appearance. It's another 'fish out of water' story, but with very different circumstances. I won't give any more details just yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I've also got another story in the world of Meterra on the go, which I was working on last year during the April A to Z blogging challenge. It's the story of Bartinus of the Royal Rangers and his efforts to solve the mystery of a growing swamp. I know, but it's fantasy; why expect normal?

And yes, I have a couple of ideas for Cameron Vail mysteries, although they're both in the larval stages right now. I'm going to try to plan them out a little better this time instead of the usual 'just write it and figure it out as you go' method. I don't know if it will work out better, but we'll see.

So, there's plenty of writing to be done, and I'd best get to it. I said I wanted to get at least ten books published this year, so I'll need to get them written first. Wish me luck.

To get a taste of the world where the first new book is set, check out the first Book of Kane, Crimson Moon, available now at an Amazon website near you.



No comments:

Post a Comment