Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Combining Two Passions

I have been quite focused on the farm lately; understandable, since it's finally planting season here on Prince Edward Island, so I've been doing a lot of digging in the ground to get the seeds and transplants in. And I haven't touched the writing side of the blog since the end of the April A to Z Challenge. But that doesn't mean I'm not writing anything.

I'm working on both the new Meterra book as well as another Cameron Vail mystery. But I'm also looking at doing something completely different: A children's picture book. Not with art by me, since I utterly suck at that. But I'm starting a book about a city kid whose family moves to a farm. It's a topic I have some familiarity with, after all. I've got some great ideas to work with, and it is starting to take shape. I'll have to find someone who can do the art, of course.

I'll keep this updated as I go along; it's an idea I've been toying with for a while, and now it's ready to go, writing-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment