Friday, May 5, 2023

Construction Season

Well, now that we're into May, it's time for actual spring, as opposed to official spring, which is a joke here when the last frost date for the season is around May 28th. And so, that means it's time to get farm stuff done. Our first building project of the season: A bunny hutch for the Flemish giants. The goal: To breed the bunnies and sell the babies, either as food or as pets, I don't really care either way.

My wife got me a book on homesteading projects for the rookie builder. That would be me; I've mentioned before my lack of affinity for tools. But I'm getting it done, and it's looking pretty good. I'll get some pictures up when I get it completed, which I hope to be around tomorrow or Sunday.

The best thing about this project is that both the older boys are helping me with it. Ashton's better with the tools, but Tanner is learning and doing stuff as well. It's important bonding time for a father and his sons. And with every project we do, our collective skill and understanding of how to do it will improve as well.

As for Garrett, well...he's starting to do more stuff outside, but he's nowhere near ready to be working with tools. But maybe I'll get him to help some other way this summer. It will be good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment