Monday, October 5, 2020

Finally!

Well, that took longer than I expected...

We arrived a day later than we'd planned, but we're here! This small hobby farm is now our small hobby farm. We're stuck in quarantine until next Monday afternoon, but we're here! We were supposed to have our internet installed before we got here, but it didn't happen until today. So, I'm now three weeks behind on most of my studies. Piece of cake.

We're all tired and such from unpacking, but I didn't want to not make a blog post. It's been almost two weeks, after all, and I'm sure my readers (not that there are many) missed my incisive wit and sharp reasoning. Or, for the most part, they just want more Traveller stuff. That will happen tomorrow.

For now, though, it's just a note to say I'm back, and I'll be blogging regularly again. Internet on a farm isn't very fast, but it doesn't have to be to upload a blog post. I'll also be getting back to writing once I've gotten myself somewhat caught up on my studies, too. I'm really, really behind. On a lot of things. But it feels good to be writing anything again.

So, this is Prince Edward Island, and I'm very happy to be here. The trip here wasn't exactly filled with joy, and we were very cranky when we finally got here last Tuesday. The last day was especially unpleasant; thanks to the 'Atlantic travel bubble' that the Maritime provinces have installed, I felt like I was travelling to PEI with a detour through East Germany, circa 1973. "May we see your papers, please?" Seriously, it was like that.

If I feel like reliving the pain, I'll write up a summary of our trip and post it; things definitely didn't go as expected, or as intended. But, at least we're here. And that will be good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment