Sunday, February 16, 2020

20 in 2020

You want to talk about ambition? I've always been the type to set really high bars for what I'm doing; when I sold life insurance, I set goals of making a dozen sales a week; when I start reading a new author, I don't just pick a couple of sample books; I read everything they wrote, starting from the beginning. When I collect something, I want it all. Found a website with old Amazing Stories pulps on it? No skimming for the highlights for me; I started with the first issue and read the whole thing.
So, I tend to go all-out on things. My wife, who is somewhere between awesome and amazing, says it's unrealistic, and she's probably right. But, it is what it is.
So, what does that have to do with writing? It's simple; my goal this year is to publish 20 books on Amazon and other sites, both in e-book and in paper format. That's right, twenty books. Some are novels, some are novellas, some are short story anthologies. All of them are going to be original works, stemming from my own crazy and warped brain.
So far, I have two e-books, both available on my own Amazon Page. Paperbacks are forthcoming as I learn how to do it. But, in the meantime, I'm going to keep on writing, and I'm going to make the most of this opportunity.
And before you ask, yes, it's possible to do this in the modern world of publishing. But it takes dedication, commitment, and perseverance. I've been writing steadily, virtually every day since late July of 2019, and I've got a lot more stories to tell. I hope you'll come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment